Benefits of Hiring Our Canton Auto Accident Attorneys
Canton car accident victims who seek help from an experienced car accident attorney save themselves significant time and stress. At Geiger Legal Group, LLC, our team will manage all the details of your injury claim so you can focus on regaining your health.
Some of the ways a Canton traffic collision lawyer from our firm can help include:
- Evaluating your case for free. Our traffic collision attorney can review the details of your crash and determine whether you have a right to compensation. We can also answer your questions and explain your legal options in a free, no-obligation consultation.
- Proving your case. You must be able to demonstrate who was responsible for your accident convincingly. Our skilled car accident attorney can gather the evidence to substantiate your claim. Because some evidence can disappear or change significantly over time, proof must be gathered as quickly as possible. It can be difficult or impossible to figure out this proof promptly when trying to get back on your feet. A car accident lawyer should have a deep knowledge of the types of evidence and details needed for a car accident claim, and we will work quickly to preserve evidence in your case.
- Completing vital paperwork. Submitting a claim to an insurance company or filing a lawsuit in court requires stacks and stacks of paperwork and compliance with various technicalities. For example, if any document needs to be completed, filed late, or is non-compliant with procedures, your claim is subject to denial or dismissal. Our auto accident attorney will stay on top of all the legal deadlines and processes, so you don’t have to worry about them.
- Advocating for you. Our skilled car accident attorney will aggressively negotiate with the other party’s insurance company on your behalf and work diligently in pursuit of total compensation. If an insurer or the at-fault party won’t agree to a fair settlement, our auto collision attorney will fight for your legal rights in court.
What Compensation Can Be Recovered for Georgia Car Accident Injuries?
The amount of money you might be able to recover in a car accident claim depends on the facts and circumstances of your case, including the severity and permanency of your injuries.
Although each case we handle is unique, compensation in car accident claims typically covers the following:
- Outstanding medical bills
- Future medical expenses, including surgeries and therapy
- Retrofitting of a residence and car for disability accommodations
- Mobility devices and equipment
- Property damages
- Pain and suffering
- Past and future lost wages
If your loved one was tragically killed in a car accident, no amount of money can ever make up for your loss.
However, your family might be entitled to compensation that can help you cover some expenses and damages, such as:
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Lost income
- Medical expenses
- Loss of companionship
- Loss of services performed by your loved one
It takes time to say how much your case is worth accurately. It will take time for you to heal and get a complete picture of how your injury will affect you in the long term. You must avoid accepting an early settlement and allow a trusted personal injury attorney to document your losses thoroughly.
Bad Intersections in Canton, GA
- S. Highway 41 and Canton Road at Interstate 75
- Anything on Highway 20
- Reinhardt College Parkway and Riverstone
- Avery Road and Hickory Flat Highway
- Union Hill Road and Cumming Highway
How Is Fault Determined in a Canton Car Accident?
Developing a solid case to prove who is liable for your Canton traffic collision and how much damage was caused is essential. Our personal injury law firm will investigate your crash independently to collect all the necessary evidence.
Some of the evidence that our team can use in a car accident claim includes:
- Pictures or videos of the accident scene that show skid marks, traffic signals, construction, loose gravel, warning signs, damage to stationery items like barriers, or weather conditions
- Photographs of your injuries and damage to your vehicle and other vehicles involved
- Videos of the accident from nearby surveillance cameras or witnesses
- Statements from witnesses and other drivers about what they saw
- Testimony from accident reconstruction experts
- Details on state and local traffic codes, regulations, and policies that demonstrate the other driver violated the rules of the road
- A copy of the official police accident report, including whether an officer issued a traffic citation to any motorist in the crash or arrested anyone for DUI or another violation
- Any recall notices on the vehicles involved in the crash
- Maintenance records show that the other driver created a dangerous situation by failing to maintain their vehicle.
- Phone records that prove the other driver was texting while driving
- Medical records and testimony from healthcare providers can help establish the severity and cause of your injuries.
In some cases, more than one party may be at fault for a crash. Even if you were partially responsible for your impact, however, you might still be able to receive compensation. Under Georgia’s modified comparative negligence law, a victim can recover damages if they are less than 50 percent at fault for what happened. When this is the case, though, the award amount is reduced by the victim’s percentage of fault.
How Long After a Car Crash Can You Claim Injury in Georgia?
The statutes of limitations for Canton car accident lawsuits vary from state to state. In Georgia, you must file a personal injury claim two years from the collision date. After this deadline has expired, pursuing a lawsuit for your injuries is usually impossible.
It would be best never to wait until the last minute to seek guidance from a car accident law firm. A lot of work goes into building a strong claim for compensation. So the sooner you consult with a Georgia car accident attorney, the better.
What to Do After an Auto Accident in Georgia
Car accidents can leave you feeling helpless. Still, there are certain steps you can take to protect yourself after a wreck, such as:
- Protect your health and safety. The priority after a car accident is your health. Check yourself and your passengers for injuries. You should always call 911 regardless of whether anyone appears seriously hurt. Moving your car out of the road and to a safe place reduces the chances of getting hit by another vehicle while trying to deal with the original accident.
If you don’t get medical attention at the accident scene, see a doctor as soon as possible for an evaluation. A physician can treat your injuries and reduce the chance of long-term complications. Additionally, a healthcare provider can document your injuries and thus provide a medical report that becomes a crucial piece of initial evidence if you file a claim.
- Contact a car accident attorney. Consult with an experienced auto collision attorney. Your car accident lawyer can quickly launch an investigation and gather evidence from the wreck. Your car wreck lawyer can also speak with insurance adjusters on your behalf, so you won’t mistakenly hurt your case if you communicate with them yourself.
- Be careful what you say. At the accident scene, cooperate with the police, but avoid admitting fault to anyone or signing anything unless the police require you to. Even saying you’re sorry can be presumed as an admission of guilt. It’s essential to avoid speaking with the other party’s insurance carrier until you have consulted with a car wreck attorney. An aggressive insurance adjuster might call you shortly after the collision to talk you into accepting a low settlement before you. Your legal counsel has had a chance to assess the severity of your injuries and damages.
- Gather evidence. Collect as much proof as possible if you are physically up to it. Photograph the car accident scene, damages, and injuries. Ask witnesses for statements, and get their names and contact information. Get as much information from the other drivers as possible, including their names, contact information, license numbers, and insurance coverage. Write down all that you remember about the crash as soon as you have a chance, including what you saw, such as observing the other driver on their phone when the wreck occurred, smelling alcohol on their breath, or noting whether they were wearing a seatbelt.
Common Injury Cases We Handle from Georgia Car Accidents
Auto crashes cause a wide range of injuries. Because not all of these car accident injuries are immediately obvious, it’s essential to seek medical attention after any collision. Some of the injury cases our Canton car accident attorney handles include:
- Facial disfigurement
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Internal bleeding
In the worst cases, we represent families whose loved ones suffered fatal injuries with a wrongful death claim.
Car Accident FAQs
Your safety (and that of your loved ones) is your top priority after an accident. There are a number of actions you should take in order to get safe, stay safe, and protect yourself. These include:
- Move to safety (if you are able)
- Get help from local law enforcement (do this first if you are injured and should not move)
- Document the accident to the best of your ability (take pictures and videos, and get the contact information for any witnesses)
- Seek medical attention
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Call a personal injury attorney (if you need one)
In addition to the actions above, there are a few things you should NOT do:
- Do not wait to visit a doctor
- Do not communicate with the other party’s insurance company
- Do not sign anything or record statements
First of all, do not try to follow or chase the other car. Do your best to remember the following:
- Their license plate number,
- A description of the driver, and
- the color, make, and model of the car
Call the police and describe the at-fault drivers info on the phone.
Then seek medical attention for any injuries suffered during the crash. Even if the at-fault driver is never located, your own insurance company will step in to cover the medical expenses for your injuries and the property damage to your car. This is another reason why it is important to carry add-on uninsured motorist coverage on your own car insurance.
Yes! If you need to go to the Emergency Room, then please do so! What is important is that you visit a doctor as soon as possible after the accident. Your primary care provider or an orthopedic doctor are viable options, as long as they can fully examine you and document your injuries.
If you are covered by medical insurance, try to see an in-network doctor. This will help keep your upfront out-of-pocket costs down.
Every recommended appointment and follow-up after your initial observation. If you skip an appointment, you are effectively saying you don’t really need the medical attention, and that can undermine your case. Setup events and reminders in your calendar and plan accordingly so you can make your appointments.
Talk to a Car Accident Attorney in Canton, GA Now
If you have been hurt in a car wreck due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you shouldn’t have to suffer further by hassling with stubborn insurance companies.
Let the experienced Canton car accident attorney at Geiger Legal Group, LLC, help ease these burdens and fight for your legal rights. Call our compassionate Cherokee County attorneys today or contact us online to set up your free consultation.