Brain Injury Attorney in Canton, GA
Brain injuries have costly and long-term impacts that can affect a victim and the entire family for years to come. All too often, traumatic brain injuries are caused by accidents that could have been prevented. When this happens, victims may be entitled to compensation through a personal injury lawsuit.
If you need compassionate legal advice from an experienced Canton brain injury lawyer, Geiger Legal Group, LLC is here to help. For years, our skilled brain injury attorney has helped individuals and families just like you across North Georgia fight for the full and fair compensation they need to recover. Our respected legal team has the skills and the resources to demand justice for you.
Contact Geiger Legal Group, LLC today for a free consultation, and learn how we can put our experienced attorneys to work for you. Your family can rest easy knowing that we do not charge any fees upfront to begin work on your brain injury case. In fact, we only get paid if we recover money for you.
When Can You File a Personal Injury Lawsuit After a Traumatic Brain Injury?
If you or a loved one has suffered a traumatic brain injury due to someone else’s negligence, you might be able to recover compensation for your current and future losses. However, in order to file a personal injury lawsuit, you will need to prove two primary things:
- Liability: You must demonstrate that another party was responsible for providing a safe environment but failed in this duty. For example, if you suffered from a brain injury after you fell down the stairs at a hotel, the hotel owner or manager might be liable if they knew the stairs were dangerous but failed to fix them.
- Damages: You must also prove that you suffered damages due to your accident and resulting head injuries. Some types of evidence that can be helpful in proving damages include medical records or testimony from experts.
How a TBI Lawyer in Canton, GA Can Help with Your Claim
Trying to deal with a personal injury claim after a serious accident can be overwhelming, especially when you’re just struggling to heal. However, an experienced head injury lawyer can help take the pressure off you by managing all aspects of your legal claim. We know the most common causes of traumatic brain injury and have years of experience negotiating with negligent parties.
Some of the ways our brain injury attorney at Geiger Legal Group, LLC could help include:
- Determine liability and gather all the evidence needed to build a strong case
- Thoroughly document the damages you have suffered, as well as anticipated future losses
- Prepare vital documents and submit the paperwork for your claim
- Negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf
- Aggressively fight for your rights in court, if a fair settlement cannot be reached
If you are ready to get started on your claim, please contact our Canton brain injury attorney today for your free consultation. We will listen to your story and go over all your legal options.
Compensation for a Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injuries can cause lifetime complications, so it’s important to pursue compensation that will cover not only current expenses but costs that can arise in the future as a result of the injury. Compensation for a traumatic brain injury may include payment for:
- Current and future medical bills
- Expenses for long-term care
- Lost wages
- Reduced earning capacity for the future
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
After a serious accident, an insurance adjuster representing the at-fault party may approach you with a fast and easy settlement offer. Do not sign anything or accept payment without talking to our lawyer first. You deserve full and fair compensation for the total losses you suffer, and it will take time to determine what that amount should be.
How Long Do You Have to File a Lawsuit After a Brain Injury in Georgia?
Per Georgia’s statute of limitations, claimants typically have two years after the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. However, it’s best to consult an attorney as soon as possible because there is a lot of legwork that goes into building a case. Your attorney will want to get started right away gathering evidence about your accident and injuries.
How a Brain Injury Can Alter Your Life
The effects of a mild brain injury can sometimes be temporary. However, brain injuries can also severely impact your life and have prolonged effects. They can force you out of a job, impact your ability to do things you previously enjoyed, or permanently alter your routines and daily activities in other ways.
Some of the results of brain injury might include:
- Physical complications like seizures, loss of vision, paralysis, vertigo, hearing loss, loss of sense of smell or taste, or frequent headaches
- Problems with communicating, such as difficulty with speaking or writing, organizing thoughts, understanding nonverbal signals, or stopping or starting conversations
- Changes to cognitive skills like memory problems, inability to learn new things, difficulty concentrating, lost ability to plan or make decisions, or diminished judgment
- Behavior modifications and emotional changes, including depression, mood swings, difficulty with self-control, anger, insomnia, or difficulty in social situations
Types of Brain Injuries Accident Victims Suffer
Head injuries can vary in severity and impact. Some common types include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (including concussions)
- Closed head injuries
- Penetration or skull fracture
- Anoxic brain injuries (brain damage from a lack of oxygen or proper blood flow)
- Coup-contrecoup, which happens when an impact is great enough to injure the brain at the impact site as well as on the opposite side of the skull
Talk to a Brain Injury Lawyer in Canton, GA Today
Contact an experienced brain injury lawyer at Geiger Legal Group, LLC today to learn how we can help you demand the compensation you need after a devastating accident. Your consultation is free, and you only pay attorney fees if we win compensation for you.