Why Choose the Geiger Legal Group, LLC?
At the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, we want to help make your real estate experience as positive as possible. Real estate transactions can be frustrating if you feel like you got a bad deal or don’t discover concerning aspects buried in small print about the home or neighborhood until after you’ve signed on the dotted line.
A residential real estate deal can get more frustrating and confusing if the transaction involves a special circumstance like an estate sale, short sale, or purchase of a home in a problematic area like a flood zone. Our skilled Canton real estate lawyer can help you avoid unwelcome surprises and save time and money in the long run.
For over 35 years, our respected residential real estate attorney has been helping families across Cherokee County and the surrounding communities to have peace of mind when buying or selling their home. Our team does everything we can to help you feel respected and knowledgeable about the process. We will fully explain, with a touch of humor, the legal effects of all the documents you are signing. We don’t ever want you to leave the conference room wondering, “What just happened?”
Additionally, we offer competitive closing fees, and we don’t upcharge any handling or back office fees.
See for yourself why the Geiger Legal Group, LLC is the law firm of choice for residential real estate matters in North Georgia. Contact us today.
Why Does Georgia Require a Lawyer for Residential Real Estate Transactions?
Georgia law requires an attorney to handle the entire real estate closing process. This means the lawyer takes charge of all the procedures up to and including the closing. The lawyer must be physically present when the parties formally transfer the property. The law protects both the buyer and seller by ensuring that the process goes forward in a legal and efficient manner, including the accurate completion of all necessary documents and the disbursement of funds.
How Can Our Canton Residential Real Estate Lawyer Help You?
At the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, we provide a full range of closing services, including:
- Examination of title – Before agreeing to purchase a home, you’ll want to be sure the seller can legally transfer the title to you. In a title search, we’ll check the property’s title for anything that might complicate the transaction, such as actual ownership of record, restrictions, encroachments, liens, mortgages, or easements.
- Interpretation of title matters such as easements and covenants – Our real estate attorney is skilled at analyzing title reports. We can determine the matters needing to be settled before the title can be transferred. We can also explain any requirements or risks you’ll want to consider about the property, such as homeowners’ association restrictions, zoning limits, or utility company access rights.
- Satisfaction of contract conditions – A contract can protect you against non-compliance with contract requirements. For example, a real estate contract might require a seller to make certain pre-closing repairs, or a buyer might receive contract protection that cancels the sale if financing doesn’t go through. We make sure that the parties fulfill all stipulations in a purchase-and-sale contract before the sale moves forward.
- Compliance with numerous governmental regulations</strong – >Multiple federal, state, and local laws regulate land use and real estate deals. These regulations control everything from permissible alterations to a property to what kind of animals can be kept on the premises. Our team has extensive knowledge about these regulations to verify that your real estate transaction is legally compliant.
- Preparation of documents – Residential real estate transactions involve seemingly endless documents, from purchase agreements to title searches. With all of these papers and complicated legal language, it can be easy to miss an important detail should you try to prepare the documents on your own. However, our trusted real estate attorney can help make sure nothing is overlooked, so you get the real estate deal that you’re expecting. As part of our legal services, we handle recording all documents such as deeds and mortgages on government land records.
- Choices of tenancy – Real estate ownership can take many forms and can impact the ownership status as well as the future transfer of the property’s title. Some common methods of ownership include joint tenancy, tenancy in common, community property, tenants by the entirety, and sole ownership. Our knowledgeable residential real estate lawyer can help you understand how the buyer or seller’s choice of tenancy might impact your transaction.
- Collection of closing funds – We’ll ensure that the agreed-upon sales proceeds seamlessly transfer from the buyer and the lender to the seller and will set up any trust accounts that may be necessary.
- Prompt disbursement of proceeds – We’ll also ensure that these proceeds are distributed in a timely manner to the seller and other appropriate parties according to the purchase and sale agreement.
Talk to a Trusted Canton Residential Real Estate Attorney Today
When you’re buying or selling a home, you need a skilled and experienced residential real estate lawyer on your side to protect your rights and interests. At the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, we have decades of experience successfully assisting clients across North Georgia with their real estate transactions. We want to do the same for you.
Our trusted residential real estate attorney will help make sure your real estate matter is done right and that you are treated with the personal attention you deserve.
Contact the Geiger Legal Group, LLC today to get started. We are approved closing attorneys for all local, regional, and national lenders operating in the North Georgia area.