In the United States, healthcare professionals undergo years of intensive schooling, training, and testing to practice medicine professionally. However, even the most highly trained specialists can make negligent mistakes that cause serious harm to patients or worse. For over 250,000 Americans each year, mistakes made by medical professionals prove to be fatal. That is where we are here to help. Our Canton medical malpractice lawyers can provide a free consultation and advise victims on their legal rights.
When you visit a healthcare professional, you have a right to expect careful attention to your condition and a safe standard of care. When that healthcare provider violates that standard of care and your health suffers. As a result, you shouldn’t be left to handle medical malpractice on your own.
Whether you were the victim of a misdiagnosis, poor follow-up or aftercare, improper testing, or another form of medical malpractice, the experienced personal injury lawyers at the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, are here. We are highly experienced in medical malpractice lawsuit processes. We can help you seek the compensation you need for past and future personal injuries, medical expenses, loss of income, suffering, hardship, and more.
Don’t hesitate to contact our Canton medical malpractice attorney today. We offer confidential, free consultation and will honestly assess your case. See the results of other issues we have taken on our results page.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Some of the most common types of medical malpractice cases include:
- Misdiagnosis or Late Diagnosis – In these cases, patients may be subject to medication errors or failure to receive critical care on time. This type of medical malpractice can also result in further complications, advanced sickness, and even death. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), 80,000 fatalities can be attributed to late diagnoses or misdiagnoses yearly.
- Medical Device Defect – In the past decade, medical technology has undergone significant innovation. However, some of these innovations can come with unprecedented defects. Unfortunately, these defects can lead to severe infections, impairments, and other medical complications.
- Emergency Room Errors – Emergency rooms are such demanding and fast-paced environments that they are particularly susceptible to medical malpractice cases.
- Surgery on the Wrong Body Part – Surgical errors such as performing surgery on the wrong organ or limb could require months of additional recovery, thousands of more dollars in surgery, and even amputations.
- Anesthesia Errors – Anesthetic drugs are potent agents that temporarily induce unconsciousness. If a healthcare professional fails to administer these drugs correctly or administers the wrong dose, consequences could result in wrongful death.
- Birth Injury – Approximately 28,000 birth injuries occur yearly due to medical negligence. These medical malpractice injuries may result in lifelong complications, impairments, or even death.
- Retained Foreign Objects – Researchers have found that around one in 1,000 surgical patients has a foreign object left in their bodies.
While these are some of the most common instances of medical malpractice, there are numerous cases. This list does not cover the common causes of medical negligence in Georgia. Suppose a loved one experienced wrongful death due to medical negligence. In that case, our Canton medical malpractice lawyers will review the circumstances with you in detail to help you determine if you may have a case.