In the United States, healthcare professionals undergo years of intensive schooling, training, and testing to practice medicine professionally. However, even the most highly trained specialists are capable of making negligent mistakes that cause serious harm to patients, or worse. For over 250,000 Americans each year, mistakes made by medical professionals prove to be fatal. That is where we are here to help. Our Canton medical malpractice lawyers can review your case and advise you on your legal rights.
When you visit a healthcare professional, you have a right to expect careful attention to your condition, and a safe standard of care. When that healthcare provider violates that standard of care and your health suffers as a result, you shouldn’t be left to handle the fallout on your own.
Whether you were the victim of a misdiagnosis, poor follow-up or aftercare, improper testing, or another form of medical malpractice, the experienced medical malpractice lawyers at the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, are here for you. We are highly experienced in medical malpractice cases and can help you seek the compensation you need for past and future medical bills, loss of income, suffering, and hardship, and more.
Don’t hesitate to contact us today. We offer a free, confidential consultation, and will provide an honest assessment of your case. See the results of other cases we have taken on our results page.
Examples of Medical Malpractice
Some of the most common types of medical malpractice include:
- Misdiagnosis or Late Diagnosis – In these cases, patients may be subject to a medication error or may fail to receive critical care on time. Additionally, this type of malpractice can result in further complications, advanced sickness, and even death. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), an average of 80,000 fatalities can be attributed to late diagnoses or misdiagnoses each year.
- Medical Device Defect – Within the past decade alone, medical technology has undergone significant innovation. However, some of these innovations can come with unprecedented defects. Unfortunately, these defects can lead to severe infections, impairments, and other medical complications.
- Emergency Room Errors – Because emergency rooms are such demanding and fast-paced environments, they are particularly susceptible to cases of medical malpractice.
- Anesthesia Errors – Anesthetic drugs are extremely powerful agents made to induce a temporary state of unconsciousness. If a healthcare professional fails to administer these drugs correctly, or administers the wrong dose, fatal consequences could result.
- Birth Injury – Approximately 28,000 birth injuries occur each year due to the negligence of healthcare professionals. These injuries may result in lifelong complications, impairments, or even death.
- Retained Foreign Objects – Researchers have found that around one in 1,000 surgical patients has a foreign object left in their bodies.
While these are some of the most common instances of medical malpractice, there are numerous types of medical malpractice cases. This list does not even cover the common causes of medical malpractice in Georgia. If you have a loved one that experienced wrongful death as a result of medical malpractice, our Canton medical malpractice attorneys will review the circumstances with you in detail to help you determine if you may have a medical malpractice case.