Spinal Cord Injury Attorney in Cherokee County, GA
A spinal cord injury can have life-threatening and life-altering consequences. It can impact you physically, emotionally, socially, and financially. After such a serious injury, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed and helpless. However, if your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence, you need to learn about your legal options for relief.
A Canton spinal cord injury lawyer from the Geiger Legal Group, LLC can review your case for free and explain your options. We can help you demand the full and fair compensation you need to move forward with your life after a debilitating accident. For years, we have been helping clients just like you recover the money they need to cover medical bills, lost income, long-term care, and other expenses after devastating accidents. You can trust that our compassionate attorneys will give you the personal attention you deserve.
Don’t wait to get answers after suffering a spinal cord injury. Contact the Geiger Legal Group, LLC today for a free consultation and learn more about how we can help you.
How a Back Injury Lawyer Can Help with Your Claim
Back injuries have serious consequences. An experienced back injury attorney from our firm can advocate for your legal rights if someone else is to blame for your accident. Some of the ways a back injury lawyer can help include:
- Evaluate your case to determine liability and assess damages
- Answer all your questions and explain your legal options
- Gather evidence to support your claim for full compensation
- Work with experts to provide supporting testimony in your case
- Manage all legal paperwork and ensure deadlines are met
- Negotiate with the insurance company and manage all communication on your behalf
- Argue your case at trial if a full and fair settlement cannot be reached
Are you ready to talk to a Canton spinal cord injury attorney about your case? Contact us now for your free consultation.
Compensation for a Spinal Cord Injury
Spinal cord injuries are often life-altering. Victims may suffer devastating financial challenges as they struggle to heal and get their lives back on track. The amount of money you could pursue will depend on your specific case. However, compensation typically covers damages such as:
- Outstanding medical bills
- Future medical expenses like surgeries and therapies
- Costs of care from in-home specialists or long-term facilities
- Disability accommodations, including changes to your home or vehicle and special equipment
- Loss of wages while recovery from your injuries
- Reduced ability to earn future income
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life
No one can accurately say how much your case is worth right off the bat. It will take time to heal and understand how your injury will affect you in the future. When you put your trust in the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, you can be confident that our team will thoroughly document your current and future damages to ensure we are fighting for the maximum amount you deserve.
How Long Do You Have to File a Back Injury Lawsuit in Georgia?
Georgia law sets limits (called the statute of limitations) on the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. After this time limit has expired, it’s usually impossible to file a suit to recover compensation. In the case of a back injury lawsuit, you usually have only two years from the date of your injury to file a claim.
However, you should not wait long to talk to an attorney. Our knowledgeable back injury attorney will want to begin collecting evidence about your accident and documenting your injury right from the start.
Can You File a Lawsuit After a Spine Injury?
Many people wonder whether they have a personal injury claim after a serious accident. If you’ve suffered a spine injury because of someone else’s negligence, you might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit demanding compensation for your losses. However, you will have to prove liability and damages.
Soon after your accident, an insurance company for the at-fault party may contact you to talk about compensation. The adjuster may act like you can negotiate a claim on your own. Unfortunately, this is not in your best interests.
The insurance company is only interested in paying you as little as possible. You need an experienced attorney who knows how to negotiate settlements and can take your case to trial if the insurer will not offer a fair settlement.
Common Causes of Spinal Cord Injuries
In Georgia and throughout the United States, some of the most common causes of spinal cord injuries include:
- Car, truck, and motorcycle accidents
- Falling or getting hit by a falling object
- Acts of violence, such as knife or gunshot wounds
- Medical and surgical complications
- Athletic injuries, such as injuries from diving in shallow water or impact sports
How a Spinal Cord Injury Can Alter Your Life
A spinal cord injury can alter your life in a variety of devastating ways, depending on the location and severity of your injury. The injury might result in partial paralysis or quadriplegia. It can also negatively impact your ability to maintain your previous occupation, hold any sort of job, or participate in activities you previously enjoyed.
Some other effects of your injury might include:
- Severe impacts on physical capabilities, such as difficulty controlling your bladder and bowels, problems with sexual function, difficulty breathing, pain and phantom pain, or skin problems
- Mental health issues, such as depression and anxiety
- Increased vulnerability to health conditions like obesity, pneumonia, and skin infections
- Problems with employment, education, or housing
Talk to a Cherokee County Spinal Cord Injury Attorney Today
If you suffered a spinal cord injury due to someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate to get the legal advice you need. Contact the experienced Georgia spinal cord injury lawyers at the Geiger Legal Group, LLC today for your free consultation.
Our personal injury law firm handles back injury cases on a contingency fee basis. That means we do not charge any fees upfront or out of pocket. Instead, we only get paid if we recover money for you.