Should I Get a Lawyer for a Motorcycle Accident?
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you might wonder if you need a lawyer. It’s a fair question. The Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers at the Geiger Legal Group, LLC have the experience and skills necessary to help injured riders and passengers seek the fair compensation they need and deserve.
Here, we’ll discuss when hiring an attorney to represent you might be in your best interests after a severe injury crash.
Do I Need a Motorcycle Accident Lawyer in Georgia?
If you’ve been involved in a minor crash that resulted only in damage to your bike or other property, you likely won’t need a lawyer to file an insurance claim. However, if you were severely injured in a crash caused by someone else’s negligence, you would likely want to have a skilled motorcycle accident attorney on your side.
Here are a few key reasons why it’s a good idea to talk to a lawyer after a motorcycle accident:
- Your injuries are severe – Filing a motorcycle accident claim is complex. Whatever injuries you suffered, you should focus on your health, not filling out forms and negotiating with insurers.
- You need to document your injuries and other losses – To claim full compensation for your injuries, you’ll need to document them thoroughly. An experienced Georgia motorcycle accident lawyer can gather information about all of your losses, including subjective costs like pain and suffering, to demand a full and fair settlement.
- You don’t want to deal with insurance companies – Insurance companies are businesses, so they protect their bottom line. If you say the wrong thing to an adjuster, they could deny the claim, and you wouldn’t receive any compensation. Or you might accept a low-ball offer because you don’t realize the full extent of your losses. A lawyer can speak with the insurance companies on your behalf to avoid jeopardizing your claim and ensure that any settlement offer is fair.
- A lawyer can bring your case to court – If the insurer refuses to offer a reasonable settlement, you might decide to file a lawsuit in civil court to pursue the compensation you deserve. An experienced attorney is crucial at this stage of the process.
What Do I Need to Prove to Win My Motorcycle Accident Case?
Recovering compensation after a motorcycle accident requires demonstrating that the driver who caused the accident was somehow negligent or reckless.
Your motorcycle accident claim will need to substantiate the facts with evidence, such as:
- Your medical records
- Police accident reports
- Accounts from eyewitnesses
- Any evidence from the accident scene, such as photos or videos
- Testimony from forensic accident investigators
Your lawyer will investigate the crash to find the evidence that builds a strong case for compensation.
Seeking Compensation from a Motorcycle Accident Claim
Georgia law allows you to pursue compensation for many different kinds of losses resulting from a motorcycle accident. Motorcycle accident claims can demand compensation for:
- Your lost wages from missing work while you recover from your injuries
- Your reduced future earning potential
- Your related medical bills and the cost of future care you may need
- Your physical and emotional pain and suffering
Contact a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Canton, GA at Geiger Legal Group Today
With 40 years of experience and hundreds of cases under our belt, the Georgia motorcycle accident lawyers at the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, have the skills, knowledge, and drive to help you win your case. Contact our office today for a free initial consultation.