FAQ Category: Insurance FAQs

What do I need to know about automobile insurance coverage?

You should look into two kinds of coverage (hopefully you already have them if you have been in an accident): Uninsured / Underinsured motorist coverage (“UM/UIM”), and Medical Payment (Medpay) coverage We discuss both in greater detail on our automobile insurance page.

What if the insurance company offers me a check or payment?

This is incredibly important. The insurance company’s goal is to get you to accept the lowest possible amount (if any). And they are professionals. This is what they do for a living. You should not accept any form of payment without reviewing it with your own professional. A certain company(that…

Should I tell my insurance company about my car crash?

Yes. You should let your insurance company know about your involvement in a car crash. Depending on your coverage, your own car-insurance benefits may help you with things like medical payments or uninsured motorist coverage, which could be applicable to your claim. There is also a “notice requirement” in most…