Which Interstate or Roadway in Canton Is Most Dangerous?
There are several stretches of roads in the Canton area that are particularly hazardous to motorists. Below, we’ll discuss some of the most dangerous roadways in Canton and what steps you can take to help protect yourself from an accident.
At Geiger Legal Group, LLC, we know that most crashes are preventable. If you suffered injuries in a collision involving a negligent motorist, contact a dedicated car accident lawyer at our law firm today for a free case review.
Most Dangerous Roads and Intersections in Canton
Taking precautions on Canton’s most perilous roads may help to prevent an accident.
Here are some of the most dangerous intersections and roadways in Canton:
- S. Highway 41 and Canton Road at Interstate 75 – Interstate 75 has some of the heaviest traffic in the state. Numerous fatal accidents have occurred on this highway. Deadly truck accidents are a particular hazard.
- Highway 20 – Fatal accidents also commonly occur on I-20. There are documented issues with road surface conditions, road signage, and lane markings on this highway, though the Georgia Department of Transportation is working to solve these problems.
- Reinhardt College Parkway and Riverstone Parkway – This intersection is one of the more dangerous intersections in Canton.
- Avery Road and Hickory Flat Highway – Accidents have also disproportionately occurred at this intersection.
- Union Hill Road and Cumming Highway – This intersection is one of the most hazardous for motorists in Canton, resulting in frequent injury accidents.
What Should Drivers Do to Help Prevent Accidents on Georgia Interstates?
There are a variety of things that Georgia drivers can do to reduce the likelihood of car accidents, including:
- Maintaining a safe distance between vehicles – Many accidents occur because one driver was following too closely, or tailgating. Use the three-second rule to determine whether you are following other vehicles at a safe distance. Pick a landmark, such as a road sign, and begin counting when the car in front of you passes the sign. Stop counting as soon as you reach the sign. Ideally, it should take at least three seconds or longer for you to reach the sign.
- Avoiding distractions – Distracted driving is one of the most common causes of accidents in Georgia and across the country. Ensure that you are alert and focused on the task of driving at all times.
- Refraining from driving while intoxicated – Alcohol and certain drugs can impair your ability to judge traffic situations and concentrate on the task of driving. Never drive after consuming alcohol or drugs.
- Driving defensively – Defensive driving means looking out for potential hazards and reacting appropriately if another driver makes a mistake. Driving defensively could help you avoid a collision with a reckless driver.
For the latest updates on Georgia traffic situations, including closures, road construction, traffic, accidents, and more, dial 511. This is a free service that provides all motorists with real-time traffic and travel information. To learn more, visit the Georgia Department of Public Safety’s website.
Contact Our Car Accident Lawyers Today
If you have been in a car accident in the Canton area, don’t hesitate to reach out to a Canton car accident lawyer at Geiger Legal Group, LLC. We are a family-run law firm and five-star rated business focused on helping individuals in our community. Rest assured, you’ll never be just a name on a case file to us.
We will work tirelessly to independently investigate the accident, gather evidence to support your claim, identify the at-fault party or parties, document and calculate damages on your behalf, and then aggressively pursue the compensation you are owed.
Contact us today for a free case review with a Canton car accident lawyer.