How Long Does It Take to Settle a Car Accident Claim?
If you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be asking, “How long does a car accident claim take to settle?” You’re likely anxious to receive your financial settlement. Medical bills may be piling up and you may have lost your source of income if you aren’t able to return to work. Fortunately, you have the option to hire an experienced personal injury attorney to help you understand the process and seek the compensation you deserve on your behalf.
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Georgia, don’t hesitate to reach out to our dedicated car accident attorneys at Geiger Legal Group, LLC. We have the knowledge and skills to investigate the accident, calculate damages on your behalf, and aggressively pursue the compensation you deserve swiftly. Contact us today for a free consultation. We can explain how long it might take to settle a car accident claim, based on the specific circumstances surrounding your accident.
Factors That Affect How Long It Will Take to Settle Your Car Accident Claim
Because every accident’s circumstances will be different, there is no definitive answer of how long your car accident case will take.
Numerous factors may affect the car accident settlement timeline, including:
- The type and severity of the injuries you sustained – In most cases, the more severe the injury you sustained, the longer your claim will take to resolve. The reason for this is that severe injuries require a longer recovery period. Your attorney will likely want to wait until you are at maximum medical improvement (MMI) before calculating damages.
- Whether the insurance company cooperates – The insurance company will conduct its own investigation into the accident. Depending on the length of their investigation and whether or not additional investigations are needed, the insurance company could delay resolving your claim. If the insurance company initially denies your claim, it may take longer to resolve your case.
- If the case goes to trial or is settled out of court – If the insurance company tries to reduce or deny your claim or offers a lowball settlement, then you may have to pursue damages through the court system. This can make the case take considerably more time to resolve.
Contact a Georgia Car Accident Attorney Today and Get a Free Consultation
If you have sustained injuries in a car accident, then you might be entitled to collect compensation for the damages you suffered, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages for time you missed from work
- Lost earning capacity if you are unable to return to work
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
If you’ve been injured in a car accident in Georgia, know that qualified legal counsel is available to you and at no upfront cost. The Georgia car accident lawyers at Geiger Legal Group, LLC provide free consultations and represent clients on a contingency fee basis. You won’t have to pay us anything until we win your case. We are a family-run law firm and are focused on helping people in our community. Call us today, and let us fight for you.