In the blink of an eye, your world can change forever. A driver texting, a truck driver working past their shift, or a drunk driver can cause serious or even fatal injuries to you and your passengers. When this happens, you need an auto accident lawyer in Woodstock, GA who can fight for your right to fair compensation.
More than 50,000 vehicles travel on Highway 92 through Woodstock each day. Upwards of 100,000 travel on I-575. Thousands of car accidents occur every year on these and other Georgia roadways. Knowing what to do and who to turn to after a devastating car accident is critical to protecting your legal rights. Let a Woodstock car accident attorney from Geiger Legal Group, LLC handle the complex process of filing a claim while you focus on your medical recovery.
Our Woodstock car wreck lawyers provide experienced and compassionate legal representation to our clients. We also offer a free consultation to all potential clients so that we can get to know you and answer any questions you have about the claims process. Contact us today to get started.
Why Woodstock Car Accident Victims Choose Geiger Legal Group, LLC
Our respected trial attorneys have recovered millions for our clients, earning our law firm professional honors, including a Distinguished status by Martindale-Hubbell and a listing in The National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40.
Geiger Legal Group, LLC is a family-run Woodstock law firm. Our skilled lawyers put the greatest emphasis on client satisfaction, which has earned our firm a five-star rating in the local community. We are very supportive and involved in the community and will do everything we can to ease your burden during this difficult time. Our focus is on helping people, not the number of cases.
We put our more than 40 years of legal experience to use to develop legal strategies that are customized to our clients. We also work with a network of experts who can help support our clients’ claims. From start to finish, we will be with you every step of the way.
Common Causes of Car Crashes in Woodstock
Some of the most common causes of car accidents in Woodstock and throughout the state include:
- Distracted driving – More accidents occur each day because people are increasingly preoccupied with other tasks while driving. Distracted driving includes using a cell phone, but it also involves any other distracting activity while operating a motor vehicle, including drinking, eating, programming a GPS, grooming, or adjusting dials in the vehicle.
- Drunk driving – Despite the well-known risks of drinking and driving, many people still choose to get behind the wheel after drinking, significantly increasing the risk of crashing into another vehicle.
- Speeding – Speeding is dangerous driving behavior that many people do not take seriously. It is more likely that a driver will cause an accident when speeding because this act can cause the driver to lose control of the vehicle and decrease the distance between them and other drivers. Additionally, car safety features are not as effective at higher speeds, so injuries may be more severe or fatal.
- Reckless driving – Drivers may run red lights, dangerously swerve in and out of lanes, or drive in other reckless ways. These reckless driving behaviors are more likely to lead to serious accidents, severe injuries, and fatalities.
- Fatigue – Drivers who are tired due to sleep problems or overworking mimic some of the signs of drunk driving. They are also more likely to fall asleep at the wheel.
- Violation of traffic rules – Most car accidents occur when someone violates a traffic rule, such as turning before there is sufficient time to clear the roadway, failing to adhere to the right-of-way, or changing lanes without checking blind spots.
Our experienced Woodstock auto accident lawyers can investigate the cause of your case and identify all parties who are responsible for it.
What to Do After a Car Accidents in Woodstock, GA
Car accidents can be a traumatic experience. However, it is important to know what steps to take and to try to stay calm in order to have the best chance of recovering fair compensation for your Woodstock car accident.
Here are the steps to follow to protect your legal rights and claim:
- Report the accident – Call 911 and request an ambulance if anyone was injured. Stay at the scene of the accident so that an officer can conduct an investigation.
- Request a copy of the accident report – Call the Woodstock Police Department’s Record Division at (770) 592-6030 or contact them online to request a copy of the accident report.
- Exchange information – Exchange information with anyone involved in the accident. Get the other driver’s name, driver’s license number, vehicle information, license plate number, contact information, and insurance information. If any witnesses saw the accident, ask them for their contact information, too.
- Take pictures and video – Photograph the accident scene, skid marks, damage to all vehicles, and other signs of the accident.
- Seek medical attention – If you were not taken away from the accident scene by ambulance, seek medical attention for a thorough exam to identify any injuries.
- Notify your insurance company – Your insurance carrier may require you to report any accident to it. Provide a copy of the accident report to your insurance company.
- Do not provide information to the insurance company without legal advice – If the insurance company contacts you for more information, do not provide it without seeking legal advice first. The insurance company may try to get you to sign a release form or settlement agreement, which can have a major impact on your case.
- Contact a lawyer for a free consultation – You can speak to one of our experienced accident attorneys to learn about your legal options. Generally, Georgia accident victims have two years from the date of the accident to take legal action, so do not delay.
Compensation Available in Georgia Car Accident Claims
At Geiger Legal Group, LLC, our experienced Woodstock car accident lawyers will calculate the value of your claim based on damages that you have sustained, such as:
- Payment for your past and future medical bills related to the injuries you experienced in the accident
- Lost wages you suffered because of the accident
- Lost earning capacity if you are not able to return to your same job after the accident
- Costs to repair or replace your vehicle
- Your pain and suffering
A Woodstock car accident lawyer will help you seek full and fair compensation on your behalf.
Bad Intersections in Woodstock, GA
- Highway 92 & Trickum Rd (by the Shops at Trickum)
- Arnold Mill Rd & Neese Rd
- Towne Lake Parkway & Eagle Dr
- Towne Lake Parkway & Bells Ferry
- Ridgewalk Parkway & Roundabout near The Outlet Shoppes at Atlanta
How Our Experienced Woodstock Car Accident Attorneys Can Help You
Car accidents can feel overwhelming. Getting the medical attention you need and figuring out how to make ends meet can place a huge strain on you and your family. The last thing you need to worry about is dealing with insurance companies and a complex legal process.
Our well-respected legal team will do the following to strengthen your claim:
- Determine the forms of compensation available to you. Our seasoned team of car accident attorneys and support staff can investigate your claim and determine what forms of compensation you may be entitled to. We can review all insurance policies that may apply to your case and guide you through making all applicable claims.
- Protect your rights. An experienced Woodstock personal injury lawyer can fight to protect your legal rights and ensure that an insurance company does not take advantage of you. We can handle all communication with the insurance company and settlement negotiations while you focus on your recovery. Our attorneys are tough negotiators who protect our clients from being pressured into settlement agreements that do not adequately address their needs.
- Gather evidence to support your claim. Our team will quickly get to work on your case and gather evidence to support your claim. We will gather the accident report, medical records, employment records, witness statements, and other compelling evidence necessary to establish proof in your case.
- Build a case. We will use our in-depth knowledge of Georgia car accident laws to fight for the maximum compensation available in your case. We will work to demonstrate the full extent of the other driver’s negligence.
- Advise you of your legal options. Our knowledgeable lawyers can discuss all of the legal options available to you. We will discuss the pros and cons of each approach so that you can make an informed decision about how to proceed with your case.
- Take timely legal action – Our lawyers are well aware of the time constraints involved in personal injury cases. We can keep you abreast of these deadlines so that time does not run out on your right to take legal action. We will keep your claim moving forward at all times and keep you updated on the status of your case.
Contact Our Knowledgeable Car Accident Attorneys in Woodstock, GA Today
The car accident attorneys in Woodstock at Geiger Legal Group, LLC are ready to devise a legal strategy for maximum compensation in your case. We offer all car accident victims a free consultation so we can speak with you and determine how we can best assist you. Contact us today for your free case review.