Were you injured by a negligent motorist while crossing the street, walking in a parking lot, or on a sidewalk in Woodstock? Are you struggling to pay your medical bills and other expenses while you heal? If so, know that you’re not alone. Legal help is available to you.
At Geiger Legal Group, LLC, our experienced lawyers know that pedestrians struck by passenger or commercial vehicles often sustain severe injuries resulting in lasting health issues or permanent disabilities. Our legal team will listen to your story and help you hold the at-fault party accountable for your losses.
If you sustained injuries in a Woodstock pedestrian accident, turn to the family-run law firm that is committed to putting your needs first. Turn to Geiger Legal Group, LLC. Contact us today for a free consultation with a skilled Woodstock pedestrian accident attorney.
Types of Pedestrian Accidents
Pedestrian accidents can happen anywhere you walk. Common types of pedestrian accidents in Woodstock include:
- Intersection accidents
- Failure-to-yield collisions
- Parking lot accidents
- Sidewalk or road shoulder accidents
- Distracted driving crashes
- Drunk driving accidents
- Backover accidents by vehicles in reverse
- Both right and left-hand turns
Common Injuries Suffered in Pedestrian Accidents
Georgia had one of its worst years for pedestrian accident injuries in a recent year, with nearly 260 pedestrians killed and many more seriously hurt after being struck by vehicles.
Some of the most common injuries reported after pedestrian-auto accidents include:
- Soft tissue and joint injuries
- Cuts and bruising
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Facial disfigurement
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), anxiety, and depression
In the aftermath of a pedestrian car accident, victims often underestimate the medical care they’ll require. Insurance companies know this, and they use it to their advantage when evaluating pedestrian accident claims. Most settlement offers after a pedestrian accident are much lower than what the injured person truly deserves.
Don’t let this happen to you. If you recently sustained severe injuries like these or others in a Woodstock pedestrian accident, an experienced injury attorney immediately. A pedestrian accident lawyer can place an appropriate value on your claim to discuss the types and amount of compensation you should seek. A pedestrian accident attorney can also manage all negotiations with the insurance company for you so that your claim is taken seriously.
How to File a Claim After a Pedestrian Accident in Woodstock, GA
If you’ve been injured by a negligent motorist or another party, taking the following steps could help you pursue fair compensation for the harm you’ve suffered:
- Record as many details about the pedestrian accident as possible. Take pictures at the scene, get the names and insurance information for any drivers involved, record witnesses’ names and contact information, and document your injuries.
- Seek medical treatment right away. You’ll want to make sure to protect your health by seeking prompt medical care. This will also create an official record of your injuries, which will be vital to your pedestrian accident claim.
- Gather important evidence about your case. Strong cases are built from medical records, documented treatment costs, police accident reports, witness testimony, photographs, and more. Pull together everything you can and share it with your pedestrian accident lawyer.
- Get legal advice from a pedestrian accident attorney before making any statements. Remember that what you say about the accident could be recorded and used against you by the insurance company.
Hiring a lawyer with specific experience handling injury claims like yours will allow you to focus on recovering from your injuries while they seek fair compensation on your behalf.
Georgia Pedestrian Accident Laws
The state of Georgia has many pedestrian accident laws to protect you. For example, O.C.G.A. §40-6-91 states that pedestrians have the right of way in crosswalks, and drivers must stop and allow pedestrians to pass. And §40-6-93 states that drivers must exercise due to avoid colliding with pedestrians. If drivers fail to follow any pedestrian laws, they could be held liable for any injuries they cause.
Compensation Available After Getting Injured in a Georgia Pedestrian Accident
Following an accident, significant pedestrian accident injuries are common. And while no one can undo a tragic accident, you may seek pedestrian car accident compensation when you’re injured.
Types of compensation you may be entitled to after a Woodstock pedestrian accident include:
- Cost of your medical care: Pedestrian accidents can lead to significant injuries and expensive treatment.
- Adaptive medical equipment: Unfortunately, some injuries may require special support equipment, such as wheelchairs and prosthetics. Through a pedestrian accident claim, you can seek compensation for the cost of the equipment you need.
- Lost wages and reduced future earning capacity: Serious accidents can prevent you from working and even damage your ability to make a living in the future. A skilled attorney can help you demand money for these financial losses.
- Pain and suffering: Injuries can lead to long-term physical and emotional pain for victims. Pain and suffering damages account for these intangible losses.
- Lost enjoyment of life: When a pedestrian accident prevents you from doing the things you love, you may be able to seek compensation for your diminished quality of life.
- Disability: Pedestrian accidents can leave injury victims with long-term disabilities. But through a successful insurance claim, you may seek the compensation you need to accommodate them.
If you have questions about whether these or other types of compensation may be available in your pedestrian accident case, get in touch with a pedestrian accident attorney right away.
Contact Our Pedestrian Accident Attorneys in Woodstock, GA Today
The dedicated personal injury lawyers at Geiger Legal Group, LLC are ready to help if you suffered injuries in a Woodstock pedestrian accident. We believe that helping people is the most important thing we can do as attorneys, and we’ll be here in your time of need. For your free consultation, call us now or reach out to us online.