Why Choose the Geiger Legal Group, LLC?
Whether you are buying or selling a commercial property, you need a knowledgeable legal team to make sure the deal is done right. At the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, we have decades of experience handling commercial real estate cases across Cherokee County and the surrounding area.
Our respected Canton commercial real estate attorney is well-versed in the complexities of commercial real estate law and complicated financing documents. Our team has the professional skills and resources to guide you through the entire process from examining the property’s deed and compliance with government regulations, to setting up a limited liability company or closely held corporation as the ownership entity.
Our skilled legal team understands the risks commonly associated with commercial real estate, and we’ll use our decades of experience to help you prepare for possible contingencies and avoid potential pitfalls.
Contact the Geiger Legal Group, LLC today to set up a free consultation and learn how we can help your deal go smoothly.
How Can a Canton Commercial Real Estate Attorney Help You?
The Geiger Legal Group, LLC is a full-service commercial real estate firm. Some of the services we offer include:
- Commercial acquisitions and sales ─ Whether you are buying or selling a commercial property, it is important to have a clear and complete agreement curated around your special needs instead of a generic template. Commercial real estate transactions also involve complicated legal and regulatory hurdles, such as environmental and zoning constraints, which can quickly derail a project if you aren’t prepared.
- Commercial real estate financing ─ Our legal team understands what it takes to successfully close commercial real estate transactions. We have represented both lenders and borrowers for seamless financial transactions. We can negotiate a financing package that makes sense for all parties.
- Commercial real estate leases ─ We will prepare a lease agreement that is customized to the particular circumstances, tenants, and other needs of your property, so you don’t have to use a generic agreement or try to copy an agreement meant for another property. Commercial real estate deals can go bad quickly if a lease agreement isn’t a good fit for the landlord, tenant, and your specific property.
- Commercial real estate settlements and closings ─ According to Georgia law, an attorney must conduct the entire real estate closing process and be physically present at the closing itself. Hiring your own attorney from start to finish helps ensure there are no problems or misunderstandings contained in the closing documents when it comes time for all the parties to sign on the dotted line.
- Commercial real estate litigation ─ We handle a wide variety of commercial litigation concerns from contract disputes to foreclosure, eviction, and regulatory disputes.
- Easements and restrictive covenants ─ Some laws, regulations, and policies set forth on the land records, such as easements and covenants, might control how you can develop or use the commercial property and who can gain entry. For example, a utility company might be authorized to tear up the landscaping to access underground power lines. With these types of matters, we protect your rights and fight for agreeable terms.
- Foreclosures, liens, and title disputes ─ Multiple clouds on the title could negatively impact the sale of commercial property or rule it out entirely. The current owner might have leveraged the property as collateral, failed to comply with the terms and conditions of a loan, or might not even truly own the entire property they are trying to sell. The government might have recorded a lien on the property for unpaid taxes, or a bank might be pursuing a foreclosure in the event of a loan default. In each commercial real estate transaction, we thoroughly examine the property’s title in the land records and help you navigate these and other types of disputes so that your interest is fully protected.
- Commercial real estate development ─ Any commercial development must comply with numerous local, state, and federal laws and regulations. We can help ensure these requirements are met and negotiate contracts with all stakeholders.
- Commercial real estate renovations ─ Renovating a commercial property can be a great way to increase its value. It can also raise a number of legal issues including finance concerns, environmental regulations, and zoning requirements. Renovations might even be prohibited if the property is situated in a historic location. We can assist in seeking to overcome these and other challenges related to commercial renovations.
- Shopping centers and commercial buildings ─ Any commercial property that you might sublease, such as a shopping center, involves an additional set of legal issues. For example, tenants might have ongoing contracts with the existing owner that will need to be considered in any purchase or sale.
- Subdivisions, condominiums, townhomes, and apartment complexes ─ Real estate laws and requirements can vary when you’re buying land zoned for multiple housing units. For example, Georgia tenants’ rights law could impact your real estate transaction if you’re buying a multi-family property like an apartment complex. Condominiums also have their own bylaws that can be binding on future owners.
Talk to a Commercial Real Estate Attorney in Canton, GA Today
When you choose the Geiger Legal Group, LLC, you have peace of mind that your commercial real estate transaction is in competent hands. Our team has a solid track record in Georgia real estate law, so you don’t have to be concerned about all of the legal details. Our Canton commercial real estate lawyers are committed to handling every step of the process so that you can remain confident in your investment.
See for yourself why the Geiger Legal Group, LLC is so highly recommended for commercial real estate matters in North Georgia. Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.